9. Sneakers came to us thanks to Keds, the first company to create this type of shoe, in 1917. Converse produced their first pair of sneakers later that year.
10. Marc Jacobs, strange as it seems, is the Creative Director of Louis Vuitton, a position he has had for 18 years. Bonus fact: He has tons of tattoos!
11. The first pair of Doc Martens were created from old tires.
12. The skirt is the second-oldest garment, with only loin cloths predating it. Oh, and up until the 1600-1700s, men and women both wore them.
13. In the 1500s, fashion designers showed off their clothing by putting it on miniature dolls. There were no such thing as models until 1853.
14. The first fake eyelashes were invented by Hollywood silent film producer D.W. Griffith, who wanted to enhance his actress’s eyelids. They were made out of real hair.
15. All women should be thanking Mary Phelps, a New York socialite, for creating the modern bra. The ones she made and patented in 1914 were very unlike the ones we wear today, though. Hers were made of handkerchiefs.