31. Eyeliner became popular after its discovery in King Tutankhamun’s tomb in the 1920s.
32. It was once taboo to wear black unless one was in mourning. Victorian widows were expected to wear black mourning clothes for two years after their husbands’ deaths.Chinese lotus shoes
33. Until around the beginning of the 20th century, Chinese culture regarded small feet as beautiful, and it was a common practice to bind women’s feet from an early age to keep their feet small. This practice was limited to the wealthy, however, as the feet of women who underwent this procedure were so deformed that they had difficulty walking.
34. The fashion industry generates an average revenue of $20 billion each year.
35. A Sneakerhead is someone who collects shoes.
36. Nowadays, kimonos are worn only in very formal occasions in Japan except by sumo wrestlers, who are required to wear traditional Japanese clothes when in public.
37. For all the hoopla made about Fashion Week, the average fashion show is only about 10 minutes long.
38. Vintage clothing refers to clothing made between 20 and 100 years ago, and retro refers to recently made clothing that is designed to resemble the style of another period.
39. It became more socially acceptable for women to wear shorts during World War 2, which introduced fabric rationing and forced women to take on more masculine jobs.
40. The skirt is the second oldest piece of clothing, outdated only by the loincloth.